- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Lay the chicken flat in a large baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken with the pico then top with cheese.
- Bake on middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165˚F.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve hot with your favorite side dish. (source)
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be placed in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Serving: 4oz chicken plus toppings. Calories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 1g. Protein: 26g (52%) Fat: 8g (12%). Saturated Fat: 3g (15%). Polyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0g. Trans Fat: 0g. Cholesterol: 70mg (23%). Sodium: 401mg (17%). Potassium: 0mg Fiber: 1g (4%). Sugar: 3g. Vitamin A: 0%. Vitamin C: 0%. Calcium: 0%. Iron: 0%