Broccoli and Cheese Potato Soup. This broccoli and cheese soup is loaded with hearty red potatoes and packed full of wonderful vegetables. It’s the perfect way to warm up in the evenings!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ pound broccoli, chopped
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream (or half and half)
- 16 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn the slow cooker onto low. Add the red potatoes and butter to the bowl of the slow cooker. Pour in the chicken broth. Stir in the mushrooms, grated carrot and broccoli.
- Pour in the milk and heavy cream. Stir to combine. Stir in the cheese and minced garlic. Cover and cook the soup on low for 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Tip for a smoother soup: After cooking, remove a few cups of soup and carefully purée in a blender. Add the puréed soup back to the slow cooker and stir to combine
Broccoli and Cheese Potato Soup By VIDEOS