LIME MARINATED KALE. I composed this burrito bowl in my head on the drive home, somewhere between my stop at Ikea (first time!) and Iowa.
- 1 bunch curly kale ; ribs removed and chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely ; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
SEASONED BLACK BEANS
- 2 cans black beans ; rinsed and drained (or 4 cups cooked black beans)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (or 1/3 cup chopped red on
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or ; minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salsa verde
- Cherry tomatoes
- hot sauce (optional)
- Make the kale salad: whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, chopped jalapeño, cumin and salt. Toss the chopped kale with the lime marinade in a mixing bowl.
- Warm the beans: in a sauce pan, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat. Sauté the shallot and garlic until fragrant, then add the beans, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cook until the beans are warmed through and softened, stirring often, about 5 to 7 minutes. If the beans seem dry at any point, mix in a little splash of water.
- Heat cauliflower rice in skillet.
- To serve, spoon generous portions of cauliflower rice, beans and kale salad into a bowl along with a couple spoonfuls of avocado. Garnish with chopped cherry tomatoes and cilantro