- 4 yellow, red, or orange bell peppers
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 pound beef round steak, sliced very thin against the grain
- 2 t. paprika
- 1 T. granulated garlic
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slices of provolone cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Wash and slice yellow, red, and orange bell peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and inner membranes. Place the prepared bell peppers in the prepared baking dish. Carefully add 1/4 cup water to the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While peppers are baking, prepare the filling.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place meat in skillet along with paprika, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Stirring frequently, cook until meat has cooked through and remove meat to a bowl and cover. Keep as much sauce in the skillet as possible.
- Add butter and 1 T. of Worcestershire to skillet along with the sauce from cooking the meat. Add onions, bell peppers, salt, and pepper. Lower heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or so until onions and peppers have softened.
- Remove peppers from oven. Cut each slice of provolone into four pieces. Place two pieces into the bottom of each pepper. Divide beef equally into each pepper. Then, divide peppers and onions equally into each pepper. Top filled peppers with remaining cheese pieces. Cover baking dish with foil and return to oven.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Calories 458, Fat 36g, Net Carbs 8.5g, Protein 27g. Low carb